MAJOR REGULATION CHANGES FOR 2020
- 1. - 1.04A: Changing Adult 40 & Over format for National Championships to 1 singles, 3 doubles. Conforming changes to the following regulations:-1.04D(4);2.01A(1)b, c, e, f; 2.03A(5); 2.03D; 2.03E; 2.03H(2)e; 2.03K; 3.03B(3)a.
- 2. - 1.04E(3): Players must be 18 years of age prior to participating in the USTA League program.
- 3. - 1.04F(1): Clarifying language regarding players re-entering leagues with expired NTRP ratings.
- 4. - 2.01A: Below level players are not allowed to play #1 positions when participating in plus (+) level matches
- 5. - 2.01A(1)a: In Plus (+) NTRP levels utilizing four or less individual matches within a team match, no more than one Plus (+) level player shall be allowed to play in a team match and shall be required to play in a #1 position, either singles or doubles.
- 6. - 2.03A(4): Eligibility to advance to National Championships for self-rated and computer-rated appealed players requires playing at least four (4) matches on the same team at the same level in the same Age Group. No defaults received count.
- 7. - 2.03E: Sectional Associations may use alternate scoring methods to determine championship winners.-
- 8. - 2.03H: Sectional Associations may determine the order of tie-break procedures for their championships; tie-break procedures for National Championships are clarified.
- 9. - 2.03K: The Championship Committee has the authority to file a grievance when match default(s) given by a team has a material impact on the Championship’s standings.
- Major Regulation Changes (USTA Southern
- 1. - 1.04A: USTA Southern is changing Adult 40 & Over team match format to 1 singles, 3 doubles for both sectional (Southern) and state championships. This will align with the national championship team match format change.
- 2. - 2.03D(1): USTA Southern permits each local league to continue using the same local league team format through local league playoffs. Said team format for local league playoff structure shall be listed in each applicable local league regulations. All other requirements for “championship” play must be followed for local league playoffs.